Friday, December 11, 2009

Flâneur


My friend Brad writes an excellent blog called "Criticlasm" and he wrote such a wonderful piece not about me, but I guess inspired by me. Well, not by me, but by my blog. Which I guess is me.

There I go sucking the life out of the lovely gesture.

Anyway, read his piece, read his blog.

He talks about the word flâneur which has come to mean: "a person who walks the city in order to experience it."

If I inspired the evocation of that word I could just up and die. That is EXACTLY what I feel and I wish I found that word and used it for my blog title, but here it is. Such a lovely word that one just could spread it out in Sheep Meadow and roll around in it. Or drape it over a bench along the Hudson or just bundle up in it before heading in to the Met.

Thanks Brad for giving us that word. We share that indeed. With puppy dog enthusiasm.

1 comment:

Ken S said...

Silly me. I thought you were referring to pajamas!