Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Le Flâneur



Paris.  Many people have written about this city. And, of course.  It just takes you.  I often felt that Hawaii was lost becuase it was overrun with tourists, but I found there was still paradise to be found there. The same for Paris. It is crazy popular, but it has a nook and a cranny for every soul who seeks it out.   You know in this city that it is only yours to lease and you will move on and be dead, but Paris will stay and mesmerize others after you.  This in itself tells me to enjoy every crepe-y second I can have here when it is still mine.



I headed out early this morning and strolled through the Marais as the vendors were just setting up. Then I went across the Pont Neuf and stood on the very tip of the Ile de la Cité as if it were my own discovery.  No one else was there and I was standing in the middle of the Seine.  In-Seine I tell you!





 

I then walked around St-Germain-des-Prés and ended up at the Musée d'Orsay.    All on my own. With myself in the middle of the virbrant city that has hosted centuries of me's.

No comments: