Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Central Park Boathouse


Ellie took me to lunch at The Boathouse in Central Park. I have passed by this place many times and realize it is a part of New York life and have even made up stories in my head about the couples out boating on the lake, but never really connected myself with the place. And here we were.

She said, "You didn't think it would be as nice inside, did you?" And she was right. For some reason I thought it was some sort of casual sandwich and hot dog place. It was not. It is lovely and the view - even in barren winter- is beautiful. And I LOVED, loved my salmon joking that it was fished right out of the lake in front of us.

We had such a lovely "ladies who lunch" talk and meal and experience whiling away the afternoon at the Boathouse.

Thank you Ellie for this lunch. And thank you for the chat. Perfect.

And as we were walking out we saw old b & w photos of Central Park etc on the wall and there was a photo of a man with whom she used to ice skate! Ellie was quite a famous skater in her day.

Someday I will write about her and Dick Button!

Badly lit, but no flash on iphone. Yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were prejudiced by the crappy amenities in SF's Golden Gate Park and thought New York would have the same?