Thursday, December 17, 2009

J'arrive en France

Out, neige!!!

Outside the window of the plane was winter bleakness. Much like Napoleon would have seen if he came back from Elba on Air France in the dead of winter.

Had a wonderful flight over. Sat next to a very nice Franco-American woman who was going to Paris for her father's 80th birthday fete.

I am not one (though I too would totally think I was) of those people who sits next to you on a plane and talks the whole way, but it happened when she got her vegetarian special meal and I commented as I was chewing on boeuf how I always use to do that when I travelled. This lead to conversations on transexuals, Florida politics, the census, my vertigo and yoga. Of course we exchanged e-mail addresses and picked up our bags together.

No comments: