Friday, February 27, 2009

The Tired Saag-a of Fear



There is that thing that you always order when you go into a certain restaurant. You know that thing that you love and if you don't order it THIS TIME then whatever you get is possibly going to suck and your whole night, and by extension - your whole life, will be ruined?

Well, this can happen with take out too.

Sean, Frank, Charlie and I ordered Indian to be delivered to Sean's. With Indian (unlike Chinese or Thai where I am not order faithful or order fearful) I always get chicken and spinach. Or Chicken Saag. I love it. But Indian cuisine offers so much more. I just don't know as I ALWAYS get this one thing.

And I always get Naan bread (or a "snowshoe" as we called it in Scotland.)

Chicken Saag and a Snowshoe. That is my gastro experience of a whole culture because that is what I had the first time I had Indian.

2 comments:

Criticlasm said...

Chicken Saag is the best. It's my go to as well. Always satisfying--not a bad thing.

Anonymous said...

Nice picture, not yours though is it? Kindly remove.