Monday, February 9, 2009

Linked In. Am I?


We got back to the City today and it felt foreign and familiar as it always does on those rare occassions when I am outside of it. After a wonderful weekend, it was good to be back.

I still feel run down, but restless. I think this is a good sign.

I read that there was a Linked In seminar put on by Brandhackers tonight. I in NO WAY was in the mood to go out and be around strangers. This is a key indication that I am still not well as I normally love to be around strangers. But I pushed myself and went. It was a great presentation on the benefits and capabilities of Linked In as a tool for furthering one's career or getting one's career back on track! I really enjoyed what they had to say and feel like I need to amp up my efforts on Linked In. I had kind of abandoned Linked In for the more personal Facebook, but a lot of the connections I will need to make to find work are on Linked In.

Brandhackers does a monthly meetup of Social Media and Marketing types at Zanzibar on W. 45th. I really enjoyed it through my dizzy, brain-slowed haze. I will go back. If you are in New York and this is your thing, check it out.

No comments: