Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sundays, my new fave Day.

Bridge in Central Park

I love Sundays. I used to love Fridays, but now that I don't drink (or work!) I love Sundays. I like to get up early and feel calm and refreshed. I know the world outside my window is awakening with joggers and brunchers and people with dogs. There is this whole vibe that happens on Sunday morning out in the world that doesn't seem to happen any other day. There is a kind of renewal and joy that I feel.

I like to get up and have coffee and then take the crosstown bus to All Souls Unitarian Church on 80th and Lex. I then usually go to the village and meet my posse for burnch, but this morning I mixed it up and met my friend Nicole and her boyfriend Eric for the later service. My friend Ellie was there too and we all sat together in this SRO church full of (here's that word again...) a diverse group of people all celebrating life, really. The minister is dying of cancer and he spoke about Love and Death this morning. It was very moving and inspiring. We then retreated to the Fellowship Hall for coffee and chat.

Afterwards I went off with some LGBTQandQ people for (here's that word again...) brunch. Hey, I am putting myself out there. It was fun. How great is life that there are always new people to meet and new stories to uncover.

Then I met my friend Nancy in front of the Met and we walked her dog and a guest dog that she was babysitting in the park. A man with a beautiful woman and their two dogs walking in Central Park. So romantic... and full of lies! We had a great visit. We even stopped a couple (wife from Los Angeles and husband from Germany) to take our photo right by the Jackie O Reservoir. The four of us shared about how much we love living in New York. I thought the joggers behind us might burst into a song and dance number right there where the Upper West Side skyline glistens beyond the magnificent lake. Whatta town!!


(Merrill here is my haircut and my latest IamSam Bell's palsy look for Spring!)

I walked back to the west side and was just content.

Then nightfall....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have never looked better, so very hot!

Criticlasm said...

Like the haircut! And the smile looks great! :)

ドンサントス said...

you are so cool.