Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Flowers

I carry a camera with me all the time AND an iphone, but I FORGET to take pictures. This is chronic. I had electrodes on my face today. No photos. It was snowing and raining. No photos. I was on 5th Avenue below Grand Central. No photos. What kind of blogger am I? Rubbish!!

I met my friend Sam who is back here in NYC from LA for a play audition. (No photos of Sam's visit!) and we met at a health food place, Green Symphony on 43rd between 7th and 8th. I had to watch him eat kale and brown rice because I was not allowed to eat as it was before my balance test. I have to say here, that this place looks amazing and I will come back and try some of the hot dishes they have like veggie samosas. Mmmm.

Sam and I headed down to E 36th Street by the Morgan Library where I had my balance test. (He is back to LA on Saturday. I hope he gets the part. ) For my part I had to have electrodes on my face and stare at a light on a board and follow it with my eyes. Then they blew hot and cold air into my ears and I had to count to fifty. They even asked me what 2 + 2 was!!! Easy. But I aced the tricky 7 + 3! Now who wouldn't hire me?!

Went to the gym and got home to see this beautiful arrangement of flowers in front of my door. A first here in the Big Apple. My dear friend Lana sent them to me wishing me well and sending support. I need both! It was so thoughtful. But she is that. She used to send these lovely notes of encouragement to my mom when she was ill. She has a place setting in heaven no matter what.

I loved the flowers and it really brightened my day. How wonderful it is to be so lucky as I! Thanks, Lana! (AND I have a photo for today's post!!)

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

That's so wonderful of her!