Tuesday, February 10, 2009

FREE Haircut and Shave - IN HERE.

I was walking down Lexington at 73rd and came across this sign:

It was in the window of Paul Mole´ a nearly 100 year old barber shop. I thought that I would not do this, but then I thought "Everything in life is a game, a walk through, a dare" and I thought further "You are not working, you have the time and not the money, so why not?" I went upstairs. It was very swank and old school barbershop-like. I instantly loved. They were very nice as well. I thought I would be treated like a pauper, but I was not.


I wanted to try a #2 haircut. Translation; SHORT. I was nervious, but as long as I could comb the top over and it would all grow back, I went through with it. The woman (I wanted a man in a trad barber shop. I know sexist.) who cut my hair was from Peru and very nice. But I guess in Peru they don't know "save some to comb over on the top" as she flo-beed me like I was going to enlist in the Peruvian army. A 3 1/2 bald eagle. I had not had this since I was a kid. I was horrified to be honest, but she said it looked great. Of course she did.


We went to the shave next. Other than slitting my throat, this had to be internationally understood. I have never been shaved before and it was a soothing, meditative thing to do. I really enjoyed it. First there was the eucalyptus oil. then hot towels, then shave cream, more hot towels, then finally more shave cream. She scraped away for about an hour. Wow.


I left all bald and shaven. I gave her a tenner for a $100 treatment and was on my way. A fun way to spend the afternoon. But boy did my head feel cold. I pray it grows fast!

Sorry no after picture which I know kills this whole entry. I just didn't take one. I will post my face in future so keep reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat, you are such a tease!