Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhogmanay Day

Danny and Pat (I don't smile due to Facial issues!)

My pal Danny and I have known each other for over 20 years. That is amazing. He recently moved from Glasgow to Boston to take over as the head of US ops for Scottish Development International. Could not have happened to a nicer guy. He was here in New York for meetings and invited me to join him and his colleagues for drinks and dinner.

We met at The Royalton on W 44th and then went to Marseille on 9th Avenue. It was so great to see him and meet his colleagues. Turns out his colleague Irene is the ex-wife of a piper back in Scotland who I know and she and I know TONS of people in common. She even knows my friend Eric in LA. It was such a surreal, small Scottish world I could not believe. And later we found she used to be a midwife and knew Danny and my mutual friend Patricia who was also a midwife in Glasgow. And here she and Danny work together and never knew they had so many people in common. As I always say, "It takes a Yank to bring it all oot!!"

Danny, Irene and Nathan.

And this being a Scottish crowd of course we went for drinks AFTER dinner as well. Deacon Brodies on W. 46th with a Scottish bartender and Celtic supporter.

Irene and Danny

All in all a great night. And Danny and I are going to hang in Boston and New York once he gets settled. This will be great

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat's Eric?