Friday, February 6, 2009

Rest Cures

My excellent landords John and Aris have invited me away to their weekend place for some rest and relaxation. It will be good to get out of Dodge and be up in the country surrounded by snow - more "Currier & Ives" than "The Shining." They have been so good to me during "my illness" and this is pure snowy, delicious icing!

We left Manhattan at 7:30pm and headed north for our 4 hour drive to Cherry Valley, NY. In order to have the energy for the drive we stopped at a place for PIZZA and then later for ICE CREAM. I am convinced there are no calories or Weight Watchers POINTS when on a road trip. I will hold on to this belief so long as I don't go on too many road trips!

We arrived safely and their neighbor had plowed us a path to the house. Magic. It was SO cold outside that it was such a comfort to get into the house and light a fire and have a cup of tea. Already i felt the restoration of me begin.

Ahhh.

I did not have any visual aid from our trip so I include one of Aris and John's dogs, Maude who sat on my lap on the way up. She is a love.

No comments: