Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"You're So Adorable!"

This is what Patricia Clarkson said to me after I interviewed her for the BAFTA screening of "Elegy" in Tribeca. I thanked her for coming and speaking to us and she said, "It was easy, you're so adorable." And I said in tones not suitable for a post mid-forties man, "Wow, that is SO going in my blog."

I felt like Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer after Clarice shows interest and he skips around (yes, really. He actually prances.) and proclaims "She likes me! She likes me!" and then his black prop nose pops off and he is revealed. I didn't have anything like that, but on the inside I did!




I first NOTICED Patricia Clarkson in "Six Feet Under." Some actors you watch and some you NOTICE as in "who IS that?" I then saw her in the "Station Agent" and loved her. She is really one of the greats I have to say, and it was a pleasure to meet her, hang with her in the green room and be in front of an audience with her. You can't go wrong with intelligence, beauty, talent and a slight Southern accent. Yes, you will hear me say this ALL the time.



I really enjoyed "Elegy" as well. It stars Ben Kingsley, Penelope Cruz, Patricia Clarkson, Dennis Hopper, Peter Sarsgaard and Debbie Harry! Some really amazing lines on desire, aging, loss, lust, and longing. All topics I seem inhabit as if I doused myself with milk and then rolled around in a tray of crushed Specil K cereal.

I especially liked Patty's (I can call her that now) character's line on aging: "The way men look at me changes every day." Ouch.

But the way men look at Patricia Clarkson is only like...WOW!

2 comments:

Sarah Ricard said...

Agreed. PC (the OTHER PC, that is) is a total doll.

Criticlasm said...

"I'm cuuuuuuute--she thinks I'm cuuuuuuute" is one of my favorite lines of all time. Said with a nose cover.

I saw PC walking down lower 5th and she just looked straight at me, and I just looked straight at her and thought "wow--that's some amazing energy"