Friday, November 28, 2008

Russian Tearoom and some Therapy

Took the train back to town. I have to say no matter how great a weekend in the country is, it is always nice to get back to the City. Both places exist to create greater appreciation for the other, I think. At least, I find.

After a wee rest and the gym, I met Helene and John and Danielle in town from Los Angeles. Helene and I used to work together at Fox and even travelled to Paris for work together. We kind of go way back. She is just the lovliest of people and I am so glad I was able to go to her and John's wedding in Palm Springs before I moved to New York in 2007.

We met at the Russian Tea Room (very Helene!). I had never been before and it was beautiful. I must go back when I get a job. It was so great to be with the three of them. Sadly it was short as they were off to dinner and then to Radio City for the Christmas show.

I later met up at Therapy Bar in Hell's Kitchen with Paul and Stephen. Also in from LA. I last saw them at Greg and George's wedding. I met them through Greg and George and really enjoy them. We planned at the wedding to meet in New York over the hols and here we were. Their friends Frank and Jeff joined.

Loud, crowded gay bars are a thing of the sort of past for me, but it was fun to be novel and go. They keep making more of 'em. And younger!

Fun night.

No comments: