Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Protest Store


You know those storefronts where you can go with friends and family for your birthday or whatever and paint pottery or build a bear? Well, I am going to a protest on Saturday and I think we need a store where you can go to make protest signs.

Excellent idea, but execution lacking and rushed. Sorry D!

I don't know where to get a poster board or a wooden stick to mount my protest sign. I don't have markers or paint or, well, glitter if it doesn't rain. With so many businesses(and people) OUT OF BUSINESS certainly there will be demand for protest signs.



People are just too creative and angry to have boring signs. Especially when it is about denying gays the right to marry. We need cool signage to express our rage. Bows, bits of cut of Ken and Ken and Barbie and Barbie dolls. We need pinwheels and bubble machines. And all under one roof because who has time?
Wouldn't it be so bonding to, let's say, meet friends in the Village at the "BANNER, AND HIM TOO!" Store to eat pizza and make creative, eye-catching, tear-inducing signage? I think so.


Hell No We Won't Glow. But we can now because of this special paint! I love it!

So Saturday I go to City Hall in New York to volunteer and then protest the hateful passage or Prop 8 in CA and those other props in FL, AK, and AZ. My God we have a lot of anger to get out.

I need a really good sign.

I was thinking "I WANT TO VOTE ON YOUR MARRIAGE." But it seems so done.

And "HOW DARE YOU VOTE ON MY EQUAL RIGHTS." Rage.


I can't think of anything witty because I am so angry, but maybe something that combines the two like:
BRISTOL AND HER BABY DADDY. NOW THERE'S A MARRIAGE I CAN SINK MY TEETH INTO.
It really doens't mean anything, but it sounds cool. I think I will go with that.

No comments: