Friday, November 14, 2008

FREE For the Price of Living Here.


Cara and I are both "in between jobs," "underemployed." FREEEEEElance.

The perfect outing (if one at all) for us is a FREE night at a museum. We went to the Whitney Museum on Madison at 75th. It was actually the Pay What You Want Night. If only all places were like that. It was happening and lively. I loved it.


Beforehand we went to Sant Ambroeus just above on Madison. This place is Italian caffe fantastico. Perfect pastries, people and pinkness. The kind of place you were press your nose up against to look at the swells having an espresso and biscotti in between shopping. We saw Elaine Stritch stroll in dressed to Upper East Side perfection. I waived and told her I saw her show two nights back in the Village. She was very.

Cara and I took our excellent lattes TO GO for our passeggiata libre.


For the price of a cup of coffee and a few bob at the door at the Whitney, we had glorious social evening of laughter, fun, catch up and art.

We saw both the William Eggleston show and the Andrew Calder. I had wanted to see both and here we were. I have to say without reservation if you have a chance see them. They were perfection. Truly both were so well curated. And I don't say that that often, but mostly because it makes me sounds like a pompous ass.



When your health insurance, rent, transport, ziploc bags, well your everything to be honest is exorbitant, and you are not working, you better find things that remind you of why exactly you live in New York and a virtually free Whitney and a Autumn night stroll with a friend on Madison Avenue are just those things.

No comments: