Thursday, November 6, 2008

Elvis and Me



My alma mater, Sundance Channel , threw a big bash tonight to promote the premier of SPECTACLE: ELVIS COSTELLO WITH... a music/talk series which premiers on Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 9:00pm e/p.

GM Laura kindly invited me as a guest. I headed to the Edison Ballroom on 47th in the Theatre District to see what is typical for me now: red carpet, photogs, bright lights, queues of people, publicits with Madonna headsets, and a shiny black SUV parked on the pile on the pavement.


GM Laura w/ Elvis

The venue was perfect. It is an old art deco ballroom with stage. Sufficiently cool and retro for Elvis and guests. I had lovely Pelligrino and grapefruit drinks with lime twists. I air-kissed many of my fave-coworkers and got to listen to some great live music while eating salmon burgers and passing on more caloric fare.

Christopher and new FB friend, Jenn

Elvis in blurry color. The Sundance Channel gang et moi.

I was at the taping ages ago when Elvis's guest was Tony Bennett. If this is any indication of this series, it is going to be great. Sundance Channel (and I am off the payroll so this is true) always makes a good, compelling, entertaining product.

Watch it.








No comments: