Saturday, March 1, 2008

Slings and Arrows


Out every night this week. Can't complain as life is fantastic. But it takes its toll too. And tonight I went home on foot. I find walking home on Friday night from work is a great way to unwind from the week AND return phone calls! It was a cold night tonight (in fact it is snowing now) but I found it refreshing. Had a nice chat with Kenzie the check out girl/person at Whole Foods Columbus Circle where I hunted and gathered my dinner.


I weep with joy sometimes when I get home at night and the (non-military) clock is still in the single digits. I prepared my grilled Brussel's sprouts, steamed spinach with garlic and Brazilian sliced steak to perfection in the micro and sat down to watch Season 2 of "Slings and Arrows." This is an EXCELLENT Canadian (God for give me but you don't see these two words together often excpet in the pipe band world) production. It is about the behind the scenes goings of a Festival Theatre troupe ala the Stratford Festival in Ontario. Just excellent. It nails it all and I wish I wrote or were part of it somehow. And as I sat there with my full, gorgoeous meal, my feet mentally in an epsom salt tub, and a cuppa tea waiting to happen, I was.

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

I kept seeing NY things all weekend (the revival of Company on PBS; Definitely, Maybe on screen; buying tickets for my trip). I miss walking. 'Snice.