Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dead Man Blogging

My consultant gig is in its last weeks, throws, gasps and I am kind of redundant already. I go into work, do the professional version of wearing my boxers, kicking the dog off the chair, logging in and surfing. Not a bad gig, but somewhat mind numbing. My excellent boss totally encourages me to be working on my next gig which is what I am doing.

My workmates took me out to a farewell lunch today at Meskerem, an Ethiopian on W. 47th. It was my idea, the place, not the lunch. I wanted something "interactive." And the untensiless cuisine is truly that. I think this is foreshadowing for my next career which will be very interactive OR really messy. The food was good and the craic was great. I work with a lot of really intelligent people and I don't just say that in case they are reading, [hi there, you look so great in that blue thing. It really suits you!] it is true. And with that you get some really quick-witted banter. Love that. Intellect combined with paws covered in lentil gunk is just up my alley. We had a great meal and a great time.





Once again I am truly blessed.

Left at 5 today and walked home. The walk and the hour early departure made a world of difference in my life. I was able to get home and work, shop, clean and eat and watch and go to bed. It was heaven. And this is after 6 months of long hours and a lot of work which was very gratifying I must say. It has been a great consultant gig and I hope I get to work with them again.

Wait, I am not out yet. No farewell speeches. Save your hankies for next week.

1 comment:

Tony Westbrook said...

God will guide you and take care of you. BUT...get that resume out there, and send me a copy!!!