Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Bomb in Midtown





And it wasn't a Broadway show!

A real bomb (they are calling it an "explosion device"!) went off this morning at the US Army Recruitment Facility in Times Square. Right by my office and nary a whimper from my readership as to my well being. (Needy much?) Nor a real comment at the workplace about it. It went off early in the morning and was a ho-hum by 9am. When people move to California they are always freaked about earthquakes and I move to the Big Apple and a bomb goes off sugar-borrowing distance from my desk and I read about it on-line and then get on with my day.

I am not proposing a freak out, but I am amazed at how blase I, and clearly everyone else, was by this.

That is all I have for today. Journal entry: I woke, I brushed my teeth, a bomb went off, I made coffee at the office and had a 10am meeting.

You?

No comments: