Friday, March 14, 2008

Demi Glaze

13465 Steps I am not trying to be cruel. I thought this was from Madame Trussaud's

Until I saw it move.


Listen, I don't have to explain to any of you why I am home alone and up late on a Friday night reading the Demi Moore interview in the on-line version of Harper's Bizaar. Or how I got there or why I am still there. Aren't you glad I am not taking that seal clubbing class at the Open University as I had planned before I got stuck in to finding out how Demi balances it all? I listen to her and I think "Whoa, aren't Maya Angelou, Oprah and Susan Sarandon EVERYONE'S inspirations when you get right down to it?" Oh, Demi, you speak for the people. You ARE the people. You are not the DEMImonde I thought you were, you are a DEMI-ocracy! You live in Idaho, you understand America!

I do love this probing question that Scout just handled like a trooper:


Amanda: How has your mom changed since she started Kabbalah?

Scout: I can't really remember a time before Kabbalah. She has always moved from religion to religion according to the stages in her life. Kabbalah is the one she has stuck with the most. I respect that she and Ashton are doing it. It's not so completely based on religion; it's more about how you deal with life.


********************

A quick reality check into my own fabulous life...

I had planned to write about the barricades along Central Park West on my way to work this morning or the one's through the park on my way back. I asked the policeman what they were for and he said the President was coming to town. So these barricades were to keep him away from us I hope? Couldn't we have used them 8 years ago? He was here to speak to rich people about how great the economy is. What would Susan Sarandon say about that?!



Please protect me from that man.



****************Whew, we're back to excerpts!

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF EVERY SINGLE WANNA BE ACTING BABE OF FAMOUS PARENTS:

Amanda: Do you think having high-profile parents benefits you in the pursuit of your own acting career?
Rumer: People think it's easier for me because I have well-known parents, but I have to prove myself. I want people to give me a job only because I worked for it.

( Ed.: I think she should change her name to Rumor Cage like Nick did to make it on his own.)

Amanda: Tell me something people don't know about Demi.
Ashton: Demi starts her day with a Venti half-caff, whole-milk, no-foam latte from Starbucks. Every single day. We could be in Antarctica and she would find that drink.

(Ed.:That is pretty great. And it is true, I didn't know that about her. I swear.)
And this one requires more than one reading just to begin to understand the power of what Ashton is saying:

Amanda: Did you ever fear that Demi's iconic stature would overshadow you?
Ashton: You can't cast a shadow over yourself. Demi and I are one.

No comments: