Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Jon OUT, John and Chris IN.

Pat and Jon, lifelong pals in Times Squares in the Big Apple. No war just over, no dames to dip. Just us.

Jon left on a Jet Plane today. We got to pose in Times Square after lunch. I will miss him, but before I could say "what am I going to do with myself?!!" John and Chris were in from LA and we arranged to meet for dinner. This whole line is funny to me since they lived in New York for years and I am so new and I, of course, lived in LA for years. A complete turnaround, really. "What do you mean I pick the restaurant, YOU pick the restaurant!"

It was wonderful to see them. John and I became friends in LA and I think he is the just the dreamiest, nicest guy and then I find out he has Wisconsin blood and it just figures, doesn't it?And Chris, his partner, is a great guy too. We found out last night we may do business together. Who knows! Who knows!? Anyway, over pizza, crab cakes and salad at the Film Center Cafe on 9th, I felt blessed in their presence. But I knew where I stood as they were off to see Patti Lupone in "Gypsy" after me and I just knew my place. A guy doesn't try to compete with that.

Pat, John, Chris

Chris and John are going to move to Long Beach, CA where my dear friends Greg and George live so being the uber connector that I am, I have to hook them up to meet and dine. I think they would all enjoy each other. And my over-functioning heart would be so pleased.

For some odd reason it was a balmy night in Manhattan and I walked home in a sweater, coat and a sweat.

I don't like to talk about this in public because I don't want to embarrass or single out or threaten, but when I got home Jon left the most pristine apartment I have ever seen. All houseguests after him have a bar so high, I just don't know if it will be possible. And fanned out magazines! Match that!

No comments: