Sunday, March 23, 2008

Man. Hat. In. Goes VLOG! On Easter No Less!

22,359 Steps


Andy being interviewed by The New York Post
Easter morning. Jon pulled that damned jet-lag card again and slept in while I went out to gather the traditional Upper West Side Easter breakfast of H & H bagels, cream cheese and smoked salmon from Zabar's.

The good boy had the coffee ready when I got back and we had a feast before heading to St. Pat's to meet Sean in the throngs of Easter Paraders. There were people in big Easter bonnets a go-go and loads of on-lookers like us. Sean's friend Andy was there with his VAST collection of Easter bonnets made out of Metro Cards. ALL METRO CARDS. Amazing. Sort of Beach Blanket Babylon goes on public transport. And he and his mom were there to let everyone try the hats on. It was a such a lovely gesture and people really enjoyed it. Just what Jesus would have done had he had loads of metro cards and not been behind a rock for 3 days.

Metro Card Hats


Speaking of which, like one of those German cuckoo clocks at a certain time the massive doors of St. Patrick's opened on to 5th Avenue and a gaggle of alter boys poured out followed by Cardinal Egan with his mitre and staff. He spoke to the throngs, but he wasn't miked and I could not hear a word. All the chaos and colors made for quite a scene.


Cardinal Egan pops out to say hello.

Folks, regular readers of my blog, thanks to my videographer pal and visual genius, Sean, I present for your enjoyment?, my first real VLOG. I had one earlier by accident when Paula came to town, but this is a real produced one.




Cool, huh? I just need a few lessons on "on-camera" technique like not mumbling, but it is a start! Sean how much will you charge to be my vlogographer?

This evening after going home and "changing hats" Jon and I met Giovanna & Co. for dinner. Giovanna and I met in Rome 4 years ago through our friend David who lives there. Giovanna was in town for a reunion of friends who all used to live and work in fashion in Italy. People came from the UK, US, Italy and Australia. Jon and I managed to just jump on this chic bandwagon. A really fun night out with them. And it turns out Richard from NYC via the UK knows Jon's friend Isadora in LA. Fashion just makes the mondo more picolo.




Robert (Milan) Jon (San Francisco) Pat (New York) Giovanna (London) Stefan (Ft. Lauderdale) Richard (New York)
Giovanna art directed this shot, yet could not look away. I take instruction well.


Pumpkin. Bed.

2 comments:

Criticlasm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Criticlasm said...

yay--my friend Roxy was probably there, too--we did this every year. Love it! Looks like there are a lot of non hat wearers this year--you'll have to come up with one for next year! And it looks cold! Thanks for that--I posted your video on my blog--so know you're a star! And you look so thin!

Ah, memories. :)