Saturday, August 22, 2009

New York This and That


Another thing I love about New York is that you can set out for a day and come back at 1 in the morning having just been all over and completely stimulated and inspired or you can have done the most mundane tasks and just had the most amazing backdrop to do them in front of!

I set out from my beautiful, leafy Upper West Side pad at 10:30 this morning to go to Afro-Jazz class at Lincoln Center. I am hooked on this workout as it challenges this 6'3" puffy white boy to get down and let it rip. I love this class and hate to ever miss it. I then did pilates right after. The combo nearly killed me. But in a good way.

Then it was downtown julie brown to see my friend Jonathan at his place in Soho. He had me over to lunch and we had a great gab fest over roast chicken and spinach. He lives right by the beautiful Puck Building and next door to David Bowie and Iman! After our pranzo we took a walk and crashed into his friend who is on One Life to Live and her friend after they got out of a Brazilian art house film at Film Forum. So Woody Allen New York! We embraced goodbye and I crossed the street into Noho.

Sean returned my call as I was on Bond Street and marvelling at the architecture. We decided to rendezvous at his place in the West Village for dinner and a movie. I brought ice cream and cookies (Whole Food's own as I figured ORGANIC is never unhealthy) and we ate dinner and gorged on sweets and watched a film.

I got home around 1:15am! What a fantastic New York day!!

No comments: