Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring for a Day

I think I am becoming a real New Yorker as I feel excited about spring! This was never really an event in San Francisco, and especially Los Angeles, but here it is a "feel it in me bones" kind of thing.

Today was just an A-1 "gorge" day. I walked down the Hudson River Greenway this morning. Spectacular as always. First I saw this softball game taking place on the pitch here (above). I felt such joy and I have no heart for baseball of any kind. (THIS must be a first sign of my seasonal transformational order.) I was so happy to see joggers and bladers and bikers and walkers. I felt such gratitude to be able to live here. What a gift to live in Manhattan. I will say it again and again.

A "Giants Causeway" to Jersey!


The new USS Intrepid Museum All I need is an out of towner and I am there!


After my solitary walk I did the lower part with my pal Frank. We then cut into Tribeca. It was like a magical, lovely movie set! Loads of beautiful restaurants and restored/converted warehouses. I am in love.


Tribeca's own "Bridge of Sighs" Anyone know the story?

No comments: