Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Parade



All the lovely people save for Bob sadly since he had to leave before we broke out the cameras.


EASTER this year was one of those pinch myself moments when I KNEW I was SO blessed. Today I tabled my fears of the future and was just in the day. I was surrounded by friends and friends who got to meet other friends. Nothing makes me happier than that. I know these people from all over: Sue from LA, Pat and Sean and Bob from New York, Danny from Glasgow, Audrey from Glasgow and Katherine and Frances from Yorkshire. And here we all were together in the apartment I love and on Audrey's birthday for Easter brunch!

Katherine and Frances. We were told to make a bunny face. I was the only fool who did.

The traditional Easter Monkey?

It is a celebration of bounty as far as I feel. We had bagels and lox and cream cheese - good Jesus-being-Jewish-and-all food. People bore gifts of daffodils, Easter eggs, Cinnabons and amazing homemade Irish soda bread. We delighted in a shared meal, a shared time and each other.

After brunch it was a walk en masse through Central Park on a truly glorious spring day. The blooms are coming out and rebirth is all around. There was hope and renewal today. It was in the air.


A jazz combo in the park. A cliche, but a really good cliche!

My pal Danny, from Boston via Glasgow. Truly a King of the Americas!!

Finally we descended on 5th Avenue for the famous Easter "parade." It is not so much a parade as a mill about. Or a Milliner About - since all sorts of folk wear amazing Easter bonnets and parade and revel in being photographed. There were some amazing ones this year.

The beautiful and wonderful Audrey

Bonus, I crashed into my friends Tom and Phil, New Yorkers who had never been before!










And my two fave photos of the DAY!! (thanks Susan and Sean good work!!)


1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

I LOVE the Easter parade. WE used to go every year--so awesome. Peep hats--and I love that peep skirt--so smart!