Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Eileen Comes to New York After 15 Years Away

Eileen in New York City. It is a Perfect fit!


My sister Eileen has come to town. She arrived on a cold, dreary night and we got up on a cold dreary day. But hey, we are in New York City so it all doesn't matter! Hot coffee and lox and bagels (I must get off this kick, but it is SO New York delish!) for breakfast and then headed out in the rain to Soho to meet Sean for lunch. He took us to the perfect, cool boîte and we ate some Yemenite soup and and had a great visit. They got a long like the house and fire I thought they would.

Pat and Eileen with Sean on the the streets of SOHO.

As we turned the corner I realized my friend Sue lived RIGHT THERE. One always takes a risk with "Hey we are right outside your door do you wanna meet my sister?" But we did it and Sue had us up for a tour of her fab Soho dwelling and a chat on all things media and dating. What else is there?

OM gosh...this was turning into a progressive visit day. I love those days.

Eileen and Susan in her fab pad

Susan took us up to Washington Square Park and sent us on our way north.

This evening we went to my friend Bob's house for dinner. Eileen and I are SOOOO bummed that we have NO photographs of this wonderful, wonderful evening. For some reason Eileen and I were so engulfed we forgot to shoot so I have recreated it here for you.

Bob made the most amazing Cesar Salad (lemon zest and Worcestershire Sauce secret ingredients) and pasticcio with béchamel and then this incredible cherry cake for dessert with whipped cream (not pictured). Wow. We had a wonderful time.

A day of friends and visiting. Again I think this is my favorite thing in life. Thank you all friends, New York, Eileen and all who participated in this wonderful day.

And we slept like wee lambs as a result.

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

Like the drawing. Love that. And the cherry blossoms. The weather looks great. And you sister looks like Joanna Gleason!