Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Day Across the Park



Eileen and I dined al fresco on my UWS lanai on one of the first nice days in memory. We had a lovely breakfast catered by Whole Foods via my find handiwork. For all the sins that recently transpired and all the sins ahead, we went to the gym apres petit-dejeuner.

Classic dog walker in NYC.

Then it was off on a crosstown odyssey to The Metropolitan Museum of Art after an amazing (as always) walk across the Park. I capitalize Park because Central Park is just so worthy of it. I never tire of being in it.

Pat finding a comfortable bench for when he can no longer pay rent.

The Met blew Eileen's mind as it always does mine. Truly one of the finest museums on the planet. The collection and the presentetation are amazing.


Eileen knows how to dress for cool, sophisticated museum shots: black clothing.




This vase looks like it was inspired by a Disney movie.

Sargent's amazing Malcolm X.

After a losing race through the 19th and 20th Century European galleries due to time, we sauntered at a pace to quick to call it sauntering (but sauntering was my vision) down Park and then Lex to meet my friend Ellie at her house. She wanted to meet Eileen and take us to dinner. What fun it was! Ellie is a treat and she was so gracious to both of us. We had a great evening.

Pat, Eileen and Ellie at Da Filippo.

Then I was off to French class and Eileen to meet a pal. We would meet up later for my friend Lisa's surprise party at Jake's Saloon on 23rd. Such is New York life: fun, hectic, fast-paced and always thrilling.

No comments: