Wednesday, April 29, 2009

39 Facebook Friends

This is how many Facebook friends Orly Ravid and I share. So far.

Many times I get a friend request on Facebook from someone with whom I share a large number of friends even though we don't know each other. Most often I don't think this is enough to accept the friendship! Hey, just my thing... But Orly (this is how I remember it) wrote to me and said "Hey we have so many friends in common we need to know each other." I was taken by this and said YES.

She is a native New Yorker living in LA and I am a native Californian living in New York. We're both gay. It is a love story!

Orly is co-president of New American Vision a company that works with film festivals and indie filmmakers to brand and promote their fests and films. Her partner in business is the wonderful Jeffrey Winter whom I worked with at Outfest. Small flippin' world. She has worked with Newfest, Outfest, and Sundance Film Fest among others and it seems we have been dancing around each other for years.

She is in NYC on business and we began our affair at Caffe Reggio in the Village. I have to say on my part it was love at first sight.


What a great, great meet up and visit. She is friendly, funny, fascinating and fun! I really had such a great breakfast with her. I hope we can do this again!


But how not to make a good first impression is to bring no cash and stiff your new BFF with the bill. This is what I ended up doing. I put this out to the world to signal that I aim to make it up should she deem to see me again!

No comments: