Sunday, January 13, 2008

When You Get Older, It Just Gets Smaller.

11546 Steps

Ahhhhh. SunDAYS. I just LOVE them. Coffee. Light in my apartment. This I never see during the week! And weekend life outside. Loads of joggers and dog walkers and tai chi folk. And with errands completed on Saturday I get to truly enjoy it and be a part of it. I walked 70 +blocks along the river to Greenwich Village this morning. It was a clear, fresh day and I had my ipod turned to a meditation piece. I know that sounds odd, but it was nice to bliss out and be out.

Here's to the Boys Who Brunch...Met PatFrankandSean and we went in Frank's auto up by Columbia to this new place Sean had heard about called Community Food and Juice. It is across the street from the Seinfeld diner. I have to say despite the 1.5 hour wait(!!!!), it was really good. (When certain folk make their annual venture out of the Village for a purpose, you wait.) I had no "order envy" and was completely satisfied with my meal. We also spent the whole day BRUNCHING! But it was a good hang and a good time as always.


But somehow my breakfast melded into my evening plans.


The fantastic Nicole and a guy wearing a tablecloth with buttons

Got home in time to turn around and go out to Nicole's 40th Birthday Party at Buceo 95 on 95th and Amsterdam. I have to say I go to more 50th birthdays than 40th birthdays these days so this was a refreshing change and she is to be adored. A great last supper table of people I had never met before and I had a ball. But get ready for this, I don't expect you to fully follow, but it just points to what a small world I live in: Nicole's friends, sisters Joli and Hayley, are friends of my friends Greg and George in California, but there is NO/ZERO connection between me knowing Nicole and Greg and George knowing Joli and Hayley. And then Shaun (who it turns out danced with Greg and George at Joli's wedding!) and Joli both used to work for the woman who has the office next to me!!! And then when the birthday cake slices came out I said "How many points is that?" which is Masonic code for Weight Watchers and the woman next to me says, you're in Weight Watchers (all she has to do is look at the photos I have attached!) and I say Yes, you? Yes! Where? The Ansonia?! Yes! Hal ?? (our most excellent leader) YES!! Me too. Saturdays? Get OUT!! ( the LA person said that), 9:30. YES!


Le sorelle!


And we live around the corner from each other...



Supposed to snow tonight. I am so excited.



What a fantastic life I am having at this time.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was so much fun coming up town and the night train got us back to the Village in time for breakfast!