Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Good Walk. Spoiled. (me.)



18727 Steps

I walked 8.57 miles today in this great metropolis. I set out on the Upper West Side and walked through the park to the Upper East Side. I walked all the way to the East River since I had not been along this stretch since I moved here. It was a cold, clear and sunny day. A note perfect winter walking day. I walked all along the East River past the United Nations Building.


My dad first took me here many years ago. One of the perks of being a dad, I think, is being able to show your kids stuff like this. I am a ever so young mid forties and still remember that. Thanks, Dad.

I stopped at the 59th Street Bridge which is so fascinating architecturally. A



And nearby Sutton Place is so fascinating financially as in Big Bucksville. I want a private townhouse with a blue painted door that has a private garden along the East River. There I said it.






I then walked through Murray Hill and my dad's old block and then through e. 29th Street where I came upon "The Little Church Around the Corner." I had never heard of it before. So cute, yet ramshackle at 150 years old amidst all these highrises.



Then I headed west through midtown and met friends on 46th Street for dinner. After dinner we passed by Philip Seymour Hoffman standing outside Don Giovanni Restaurant on W. 44th. That is TWO Oscar winners in two days for me! I do not know why it seem less obnoxious writing about star sightings here than when I was in LA. I will have to ponder.
Home. School night. Lovely day.

No comments: