Saturday, January 12, 2008

Plus a Tiny Titian

A Tiny Titian

20718 Steps
216.6 lbs.

Saturday mornings are second only to Sunday mornings as my favorite part of the week. Saturday mornings just feel more "errandy" and that is where they lose to Sunday mornings. So in true Saturday morning fashion I did errands. I will not bore you with the washing of the dishes from the WEEK! or the sorting of the recycling because that stuff does not scream sexy, exciting Manhattan Blogger life.

Here is all the excitement that is fit to print: I went back to Weight Watchers this morning. I have always told people to get into the facts, ma'am: just get on the scale and look down. And I took my own advice this morning. I gained back the weight I took off right before Thanksgiving less .4 lbs. So here I am back and it is okay. I felt relief just being back. Now I know, now I can do something about it.

The Fishmonger at Citerella

I treated myself by going into Citerella, one of the best fish markets in the city, and bought some trout. I love that place and it was a fun game just shopping there. I was surprised because it wasn't that expensive. I rectified that by picking up my $508 eyeglasses afterwards. I lost my glasses on Thanksgiving and had NO IDEA it would cost me this much to replace them. But it is so good to have the sharper focus. I immediately treated my new vision to a walk across Central Park to the Metroplitan Museum. I feel so local when I walk in there and plunk down a buck, get a badge for my lapel and wander through the galleries for an hour. They have Titians to spare and one of my fave Modiglianis is there. This place is vast, extensive and amazing. I could go on. I have the Met across the Park from my brownstone and I can go anytime. God, I love this place.

This evening I met up with my friend Sean and we walked around Gramercy Park area and the Flatiron District. He showed me the Indian district on Lexington. I must go back when I have some points to spare! It will be an age before I tire of this island.


This apartment building on Gramery Park has gas lamps and a armored guard!














Statue of William Seward in Madison Square Park and me.


No comments: