Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Shiney New Winter Coat. Suitable for Framing.




From the same guy who brought you:

"I don't want to use this cool STP Oil sticker on my school binder like all the other kids until the EXACT RIGHT binder to stick it on comes along so I will save it in my parents' attic into my adulthood until my parents are both gone and then throw it away intact." And the ever-popular "I will not use this gift card until I have JUST THE PERFECT whatever to use it on so instead I will a. keep it until the store goes out of business b. lose it or c. buy a gift for someone else with it."


Brings you:

"I will walk around New York in an Autumn Coat with gloves and a sweater and never be quite warm enough because I don't want to use my most winter of winter coats until it is COLD ENOUGH because if I use it too early then there will be nothing MORE BETTER to use and I will freeze."

I finally used it yesterday because it was below freezing and supposed to snow. I cannot describe (well, I could) the warm, cozy, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man feeling I had while walking down the street. I had my own little warm fire with a tiny grey kitten lying on the hearth going inside my coat. It was bliss.

But it didn't snow and it will get colder and I have just blown it all to hell. What was I thinking?!!!

No comments: