Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy "2000 Great"

This is the term I am hearing from the hopefuls: "2000 Great." I am all for that.

Happy New Year everyone. When I wrote my 2007 look back letter, I would never had known most of that stuff would happen when I was living in December 2006. Of course I wouldn't. And so I can see now that 2008 has yet to be written. And not by me. Who knows what will happen this year? None of us knows. I do not know. I know that I am typing this. That is all. Why has this been so hard to accept all these years? Plan, plan, plan. THAT is the only way to a happy life. To achieve goals. Piffle, really. The best laid plans and all that. Tiger jumps over a fence, someone drops a handkerchief, a door opens at work and a guy says "You!" Someone smiles on a subway car. A gun goes off in between Algebra and History. A baby is born.

My best plan is to drink more water, get more sleep and keep walking. I want to meditate more and read more. More, more, more! Enough with more. How can I rephrase? I will drink plenty of water. Get plenty of sleep. I will read and meditate. I will allow what is to happen to happen and concentrate on staying in the present where I belong. This is my non-plan. I will take the next step and take the next breath. That is my non-plan. I have planned and planned so many years and times. Today, I stay calm, breathe, sleep and stay hydrated. In fact I will only mediate on water and sleep and words. In fact, I have no idea what I will do. And 2000 Great will write what it likes.

Check this space.

No comments: