Friday, January 11, 2008

My Commute

Another non-stop day in the office. A blur. Just kept going until I told myself to stop and leave. One more click on that button. Please. One more series scheduled. C'mon. One more write up for April. I need to! One more idea played out. One more rating inserted. In the scheme of things I am doing surgery on the brain of a paper clip. Perspective. But on the other hand, I care about what I do. Enough.

Time to decompress and what better way than on the ginormous, anonymous, tremendous streets of Manhattan. It is perfectly Zen to coast through the masses. One of the perks of living and working here is being in the middle of it all. I walked up Broadway and returned phone calls from friends. Scott and I had a good chat all the way past Columbus Circle and Central Park South. We talked about life right by Lincoln Center and finished up in front of Fairway Market. Great to talk to him as always. I got some provisions and was going to call Rab when I noticed Clint rang in. Returned his call. He was on 8th and Folsom in San Francisco heading to Oakland. I was on 72nd and Broadway. Amy rang in from California. I set up a 3 way call and we talked all the way across the Bay Bridge up Broadway making a right at Zabar's to Oakland and up my staircase. Clint and Amy were then face to face in their kitchen and I was on my couch! What a lovely way to get home!

No comments: