Saturday, January 23, 2010


Today was the day.  My maiden(head) voyage on a cruise ship.  Ellie and I boarded the Crystal Symphony at the dock in Miami Beach.  What opulence!  What service!  What skin care  products!





OMG the eating is scarier than a Las Vegas buffet.  There is amazing food to be had everywhere. AND 24 hours.  Holy Self-Control Batman.  I better get a grip and head to the gym aboard.

We had lunch in the main dining room which was really exciting.  Then we walked around the ship and took the spa/gym tour, saw all the wonderful facilities and then it was tea time!  Smoked salmon sandwiches on crustless bread and tea cakes.  I passed on the clotted cream knowing I had 10 more days to indulge. 



This evening we met our tablemates at Table 51 in the main dining room.  Celia and George from Orange County, CA and Penny and Gordon from Toronto.

Then at 9pm we SET SAIL for the Caribbean. Wow.  This 5 Star Hotel actually moves!




Ellie and I admitted that we are probably the most confusing couple aboard!

So far, Day 1 this has been an amazing cruise!

No comments: