Monday, January 4, 2010

Look Ma, I'm a New Yorker!

This is going to be a hard one to explain, but I went to bagpipe band practice at the banquet hall off the Irish pub in the Bronx where we play every Monday of the year.  Now that I live downtown it is a farther commute and requires 2 subways and a bus and some hoofing it.

As I mentioned earlier, it is freezing here.

We had our session and it was great to see the guys again and feel like we are getting stuck into a new year with some promise.

As we were leaving, I noticed that everyone was bundling up to go out in the cold and for some reason that just struck me as LIFE.  We grow up, we are all Irish and/or Scottish in some way - therefore "ethnic Americans!!," we get to be adults, we play in a pipe band (mostly because we are "ethnic Americans") and we bundle up and go out into the elements and live our lives in the north east.  And we have jobs and relationships and some successes and good times. And then we die.

Naff thing to say, I know, but it is just new to me and I love it!

No comments: