Sunday, February 3, 2008

We'll Cross That Bridge When We Come to It.

19,041 Steps
I try to understand it, but all it is is I am still in love. I still blush at her subway entrances and marvel at her old buildings and get all gushy over her parks and statues. And her galleries, oh my, her galleries. Everything on her just hangs right. And the way she lays out her cheeses. It is the little things. I don't want to be crass, but she has nice cupcakes as well. It all works for me and she knows it. Her snow flurries tickle my nose and I tell her to stop, but she doesn't cause she knows I sercretly love it. I am rocked by her avenues and the people on them and the launderettes and the street vendors. And knowing I barely know her. I love that too!

Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village getting a facelift. I want to spend a weekend 100 years ago living in a house looking onto this park.

I have to say it is always the vistors that got me out to see stuff and now I am that guy. Frank, Pat and John and I went on an all afternoon walking tour of lower Manhattan and across the Brooklyn Bridge. (God bless 'em, I say.) John and Pat had never crossed the entire Brooklyn Bridge before! Only halfway (like when Brian and I drove only half way on the Road to Hana.) I guess the Brooklyn Bridge is always there and you'll cross it when you get to it. Well that is what we did. We crossed it.

We walked from the Village to the East Village to the Lower East Side and then through civic center area and across the Brooklyn Bridge to DUMBO which is this cool area in Brooklyn that stands for Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass. Over 8 miles we clocked. And had a great time doing it. It was great to have local pals point out all the cool places and little known tidbits.

The Lower East Side. Looks so real it looks fake.

Economy Candy on Rivington Street. I guss if you want to buy a Lamborghini, save for it by getting your candy here. They have everything. And I mean everything.

Il Laboratorio del Gelato on Orchard Street in the Lower East Side supposedly has the best ice cream in the city. It was pretty darn good. Chocolate Thai Chili is one for St. Valentine's Day - hot, hot, hot.

The boys either walking on a back lot in Los Angeles or real life in NYC.

Taking a break. There was a GREAT shot here, but I blew it and lost my nerve. The composition was all there. Damn.

The "other Pat" thinks we are touring as a barber shop quartet. We are not.


Pat and John thinking how grateful they are to me OR just posing for an album cover.

A fine, fine Sunday.

Maybe Ellis Island next?

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

Totally Ellis Island. One of the best things, ever. I love walking that bridge! How much fun!