Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tribeca in the Rain







I was at the Tribeca Grand Hotel tonight for a screening of a doc about a photographer. I had seen the film before and really enjoyed it. I got to chat a bit with the photog at the reception and she was as wonderful as she is in the film. A photog came by and took my picture and I had to say/spell my name into a little recorder knowing this was getting published nowhere. But, hey it is practice. And I remembered Vanessa Williams talking about the 3/4 turn. I met a lot of filmmakers and general documentary/artist types there. As I was chatting, I was thinking of the poached salmon and the lentil salad I just ate washed down by sparkling water from Estonia. I wanted more.

I had another event so I left. The streets in Tribeca (Triangle Below Canal) were wet like they do them in the movies. There were the lofts and the cool restaurants and boutiques that one would expect. It was so great I have to say. I felt like it was my first time there. Lighting is important to me for some reason and the night was perfectly lit and the light was perfectly placed.

I was in a Manhattan Cliche Moment and it felt fine.

No comments: