Tuesday, February 12, 2008

SNOW Ahoy!!!

6820 Steps. Hey, it was snowing!


Looking out my window at my wee piece of outdoor wilderness

There is a saying something like "There is no bad weather, just poor clothing choices." I happen to agree with that. It finally really and truly snowed tonight in New York City. I even got up from my desk to go outside in it and frolic as best as a desk jockey can. There were big, vibrant, wonderful flakes and they rested on my nose and tongue and I didn't care who saw me. Which was a lot of people as I am in Times Square. I figure these moments are to be celebrated. Truly.

Me so Happy!
Just thrilled to bits with the snow. When it first began I pressed my nose up against my office window and looked out. Someone said, "He's from California" to excuse my behavior. I didn't care. M.E. Those New York girls know how to pose! I love it!

I dragged my co-worker M.E. out in it. We went out the revolving doors, past the gauntlet of really dedicated smokers and into the elements.
M. E. explains to me that guys salk the pavement.

Tomorrow Kidscreen, the big Children's Television convention, begins in New York. My friend Olivier came in today from Paris for it. He is a bigwig now and I am thrilled for his success. Such a good, good guy. We worked together on a cartoon show many years ago and have remained friends ever since. We have seen each other in Paris, New York previously and Los Angeles. I am happy that we remain friends over all these years as he is one of those up guys who is always great to see. We trundled through the snow to 9th Avenue to a Greek restaurant. The service was slow, but the food was good. If I could only speak French like he speaks English I would move to Paris in a heartbeat.
Olivier just off the plane from France in the elements.
We are both heading uptown.

No disrespect to New York, but part of me secretly hopes I end up in London. And don't tell London, but I really, really want to live in Paris. Of all the places in the world, that is probably my favourite. It is the big city that just knows how to do it right. I appreciate every detail there. The architecure, the food and the people watching and the parks and even the birds. I throw it out there into the etherblogosphere. Who knows? But there is that pesky language barrier. "Barrie-ay?"

But tonight New York is my kinda town. Walking across Broadway to catch my train and looking down the street at the lights of Times Squre with all the snow on the ground just made my heart sing. I am home in so many ways. Home is where I hang my parka?

No comments: