Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Cupcake Walk.

11301 Steps

Met Frank for dinner tonight. Went to Burger Heaven before he caught Rufus Wainwright at Radio City. I took my computer-blinded and hunched-over carcass for a much-needed stroll home. So nice to see the lights and walk along Central Park West and look in the grand apartment building windows and make up stories or dream about what it must be like to live there. I love seeing those library bookshelves that go from floor to high ceiling and gorgeous paintings hanging on the walls. Going past the gothic-vibed Dakota Apartment Building and realizing John Lennon was only 40 when he died right there on W. 72nd Street is chilling on a few levels. I also realized his son Sean is opening for Rufus tonight. I guess he may come back there afterwards. I would.





I stopped in at the Buttercup Bakeshop down the street from Mr. & Mrs. Lennon's house and got a red velvet cupcake for myself. 7 Weight Watchers points, but I had lentil soup and a turkey patty on a slice of dry wheat toast with a tomato so I felt okay about it.




Red Velvet. Mmmmm.


I got home to my apartment that I LOVE and made some tea, ate my cupcake and watched a doc about Karl Lagerfeld.





All in all a good day was redeemed and enjoyed.

No comments: