Monday, February 11, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrr, As In Raymond

10,849 Steps


I walked to work this morning along the park as I love to do and I was all bundled up in my parka, scarf, gloves and parka hood. At work I discovered what I was walking in was 11 degrees F and with wind-chill it is -6 degrees F! Where I come from that is bloody cold. And it was.


I have wanted cold for a while and now I got it and I don't love. I want fluffy, billowy snow with sun and no wind. I want Currier and Ives meets Susie Chaffee, but with cool buildings and a park. I don't want bitter cold that slices right through you. I don't want expedition, eat your best friend to survive weather, I want winter wonderland amusing weather.


Now for the time difference. I loved being able to talk to my friend Alexandra in London and my cousin Fidelma in Dublin this weekend. Both calls were planned in advance. There was no spontaneity involved. As my friend Lisa said, "We liked it better when you were unemployed in the same time zone because we could always get you." Or something like that. And this was left on a message I have not yet returned. I am discovering that she is really right. With the 3 hour time difference and me working full time I find it very hard to return calls. I can do it when I plop into bed because California is just washing the dinner dishes, but often I am pooped. Having great friends whom you don't seem to be able to chat with is a good problem to have in the pantheon of problems, but I really do want to say hello. But now I am too tired. Don't give up on me out there. I am here and I am thinking of you!


I have whined about cold and calls, but not cold calls. Ar, ar.


Tomorrow it is supposed to SNOW! Like 1 inch on the ground snow. So excited. I just hope the wind keeps its cool.


My blogging of late lacks photos and pizzazz. I feel like a blahhhhhger. I need to get my on-line mojo back. I am proud that I have written everyday, but now I gotta get some fun going.


Thanks readers who have stuck with. Why do I hear an echo?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Thanks readers who have stuck with. Why do I hear an echo?"

We're just small, but we're here! We're here! (Boil that dust speck, boil that dust speck...) *

* If you don't get that reference, wait 'til a certain upcoming Dr. Seuss movie is out, then you will. ;D

easca said...

I remember the dust speck world from Dr. Seuss...oops, I am blogging a comment on a blog.

Patrick, I read your blog so that I will get in a better mood. I count on your steps and errands to make me feel lost in the beauty of the mundane as well as the magical momments you mention. I am here and not going anywhere. Thank you.