Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sometimes You Can Be So Bulghar!


I was in Zabar's last night between 7 and 7:30pm. Alone this is not noteworthy, but it is significant when combined with a murder. A murder that happened between 7 and 7:30pm NOT in Zabar's. And this would be meaningless as well unless I was a suspect in this murder. This murder I COULD NOT have committed because I was in Zabar's between 7 and 7:30pm.


Just in case, I have this alibi. And I have someone to corroborate my story. The woman who had #57 at the deli counter. She got a tandoori chicken breast, spinach with garlic, and the artichoke hearts with white beans. I know this because this is EXACTLY what I got. I got it with no knowledge of her order save the breast which I was already gunning for well in advance of our association though I could not prove this part in court as I was #58.

People meet in all sorts of ways and we met because of the Tandoori chicken breast. She was swithering between the breast a l'orange and this more exotic one. I told her the Tandoori was excellent and she would be very pleased. When she heard the rest of my order she turned with a J'accuse! I was stunned that we got the exact same three items as they so don't really go together. I wanted to ask her, being of like mind to myself, if she, being older, had a housedress, cats and stacks of newspapers at home - since this is where I think I am heading. I refrained and we laughed over our cosmic counter connection. Later she came by holding an apple in her hand. That organic temptress!, I mused. She said that these particular apples were excellent and I should really get some. She is my twin so I got one to try. God love her. I wonder where she is this morning after our shared meal and I pray God she flossed.

No comments: