Thursday, October 11, 2007

Today Was a Good Day

8043 Steps

The heel stretches are really helping. And the Band Air brand blister pads. But I am not out of the woods yet. Patience. Ohmmmmmmmmmmm.

Today was a good day. How great it is to be able to say that. Today was a good day. I am starting to get it at work and get to know the people and I finally felt good today because I felt a part of something. Then the light went off. That is what is often so important: to feel a part of something. Often we crave this and don't realize what that is. So today I felt like I was there for a reason.

It was raining cats and a few dogs after work today. I went to the bank to deposit my first paycheck! The subway stopped running and I had no umbrella. I bought one for $5.99 and was going to hoof it home when I thought to check again and it was back on. I got home and crashed into my landlord on the street. I had asked him earlier if he would consider dropping the rent $200 a month and tonight he said he would! So I am going to stay in my flat for 6 months! I love this flat. And even with the decrease it is still dear, but I am really lucky to have landed so well. This is really great news for me. I can settle, join a gym, date, have that baby...