Saturday, October 20, 2007

Snaps Judgement

I left my camera at home because I didn't want to carry it in my jeans' pocket all day. I didn't want the inconvenience of a tiny digital to be in the way of my...lines? Ah the memories I could have had with that camera todayas it turned out to be a day of photo-ops that I wanted to pass on to my readers. Alas, nothing but words. Here is what you should have seen:

#1 Dining at Danal on E 10th for lunch with Max, Julian, and Cedric all from France, Mel from MI, Nicole from L.A. and me from SF. All smiling beautifully and wearing the perfect clothes to wear to such a place. Garden in the b.g.

#2 Nicole and I on the subway crashing into my friend Sue whom I have not seen since I got here. We were in all same line in the same car! I was told "If you crash into someone you know on the subway, this town is too small for you!"

#3 Me at Tom and Phil's excellent cocktail party at their beautiful apartment in the Village on the 12th floor with the corner view. Picture cool NY water towers, sunset, terraces, church spires and villagy goodness below. Tom and I worked on producing the "Ugly Betty" panel at Outfest this year and it was so great to see him here. My first Manhattan cocktail party and it was superb. Lots of really nice people and excellent cheese from Murray's Cheese on Bleecker. I feel badly as I said goodbye to the excellent hosts and did not say "it was a pleasure" to all the nice people I met.

#4 Me at dinner with my friend Nancy and her friend Gino in the West Village. A cool retro diner. The conversation was great. It was the kind of round table talk that would have had us shooting milk out our noses had we had milk. So (much) fun. Great to meet Gino.

#5 Me having drinks with my friend Dawn in the terribly so-"anti"-its-trendy East Village. She was here on business from LA. We used to work together many moons ago in San Francisco. As you can no doubt see in this photo from my "so happy to be here with you Dawn, you're the greatest" smile, it was taken before she said that Chicago was more sophisticated than San Francisco.

#6 Dawn and I at Ron's restaurant OG in the EV. WE are smiling because Ron is giving Dawn more wine and I am eating an amazing dessert and drinking freshly made coffee.

#7 Dawn with the boys: Ron, Jay, Chuck and me at a bar in the East Village. She is one of two girls for miles.

#8 Dawn and I on First Ave trying to flag a cab back to the Waldorf and talking to this guy who was trying the hail one too. It turns out he went to the same high scholl as I in San Francisco! We talked about Brother Draper and Fr. Sauer leaving. In New York at 3am on the street! How random is that? He graduated in '03 so we didn't have classes together.

#9 This picture is of my ceiling as I passed out at 5am upon getting home from a non-stop day.

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

Wow. Sounds like quite a day. My used to be friend Jessica used to hostess at Danal. Many lovely times there--great place. Oh so francais. :)