Monday, October 15, 2007

A girl and her dog. Borrowed.




Had a glorious day walking through Central Park yesterday. Another sunny, perfectly perfect day with all the extras in my "head-movie" cycling, strolling, jogging, protesting, paddling, canoodling and enjoying right on cue. It is the civic-est of civic parks. It has large fountains and statues and paths and open spaces and closed spaces and musicians and jugglers and promenades and band shells. Nothing like it anywhere else. I went with my friend Nancy and her dog. A beautiful girl, a happy midsize black lab mix dog and me. We were the perfect couple out in the perfect park with our perfect dog. I live on the westside, she on eastside and it just works for us.

Another house of cards built on a pack of lies, but it was a great day.

Last night I went to the Village. It was good to get out of my neighborhood and go somewhere else. I love the Village. It still has this old charm to it. It was bustling too. I met 3 new friends and we went out for Chinese. A perfect ending to a perfect day.

Today I got stuck more into work. I worked hard today and am ready to hit it again tomorrow. I went shopping at Fairway afterwards. It is crowded and cool like the Berkeley Bowl, but I see why Amy would hate it. Crazy crowds crashing into each others' plastic hand baskets. But what a selection!

It was good to buy some veg. Even if I throw it out later, it was just good to look down and see myself handling some broccoli. I had to get some orange juice the other day because my body seemed to be craving vitamin C. I didn't know that I was on an all-blintz diet and was not getting any balance, but I do think my system is a bit thrown off by the change. Lots of change.

Taking a break from screening films for work. I have to determine the TV ratings before broadcast as well and I have no time during the day to watch movies. I only wish I had more time in this fantastic life I am living. When I pause, I smile.

1 comment:

Tony Westbrook said...

No lies, just good friends enjoying a good time. So what if someone somewhere may have thought..oy what a cute couple. You ARE a cute couple.

All good gifts!!!