Monday, October 8, 2007

Greg and George Turn 25

7947 Steps

Today is the day of Greg and George's 25th Anniversary. That is 25 years together. In a row! And these boys are young. Even in people years that is a long time and deserves a HUGE celebration. And so there is! It is in Long Beach, California today. I should be there, I should beam there, I should blink there. But I am not there because I have taken this job in New York. My best wishes go out to my dear pals and I wish them health and happiness and many trips to the East! These boys even have their own logo for the event! Pretty clever! Word on the street was this was the party not to be missed. I truly wish you 25 more!





I had coffee on the terrace (it was a "patio," a "little place outside." Today it is a terrace!) and enjoyed the early morning. Went downtown to 13th Street. Saw a friend of a friend. By accident. This island really is a small town. It was after this I realized that I was done for. My blisters were so bad and my heel was so sore I had to get off my feet as the man in the shoe shop told me.

So home with a quick stop at Zabar's for provisions and to the laundry for pick up. Home and icing my heel and doing stretches. That was going to be me for the night, but I realized there was a screening of "No Country for Old Men" at the Director's Guild East on 57th Street that night. I am really not a huge Cormac McCarthy fan, though he is a great writer, but the film is the new one by the Coen Brothers. I hobbled down there and so enjoyed it. I am sure this will be in many reviews - "These guys are at the top of their game." Really well-made film. Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem (yow!), Kelly MacDonald (love her!) and Josh Brolin were there for the Q & A.

More importantly I met Susan at BAFTA East and the head of BAFTA East. I told them I wanted to be on the TV Committee as I am in LA and they were thrilled. They are going to put me in touch with the chairperson. I think this is going to be great.



This kind of says it all about New York living for me right now: Food, bag for stuff, subway map and washed and folded service!

1 comment:

VogelMeyer said...

Patrick - Thanks for the kind words, my friend. We had a blast - just wish you could have been there! Love, George (of "Greg and George")