Saturday, October 13, 2007

Is a crime

12,341 Steps





I had a wonderful day. Just loving these weekends. I got up and walked to Riverside Park. This is blocks from where I live. It is lovely. Makes one want to get a bike.

Got back and took my pipes to Central Park and played. I am out of shape, but this feels like a good idea. I got home and e-mailed bands in the area to find out about joining. I think that would be great both for playing and to meet new people. The fact that I could end up playing with a bunch of firemen just cracks me up. We'll see.

I went down to 27th Street to the Aperture Gallery to see the Lisette Model exhibit. She influenced a bunch of photographers including Diane Arbus and Bruce Weber. Great exhibit I have to say. Back uptown to go to watch the France vs. England semi-finals of the Rugby World Cup. Sadly England pulled it out to win it 26 to 18. One side of the pub was very happy. The other, triste.

Ron met me at the pub and he came to see my place. He also had my two UPS boxes of stuff that he kindly let me ship to his house. Great to see him. I am thrilled that we will be able to hang here. It is good to have him back after his trip to California. (I say that like California is this place that is far away and I have never been there. Odd.)

Tonight I went out to dinner on the UWS with my landlords. We had a great meal and it was fun to get to know them. They even invited to come up to the country with them some weekend. They also told me Christopher Walken lives next door. This is a comfort. Having celebrity neighbors helps me not to feel homesick.



What is a crime? Using fake ID. Not sure what this was doing here, but I liked the image.

No comments: