Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Don't Worry, Bee Happy

7490 Steps



Another slow news day! I must turn this around. But they can't all be glamourous.

It was raining lightly today. I quite enjoyed it. Everything seems more real in the rain to me. But rain with even mild humidity is not as real as I like it; it needs to be cooler to be real. I look forward to a true, cool autumn day in New York.

My friend Hilary and I went to a screening of Jerry Seinfeld's "Bee Movie." It was more of a C movie to me, but it was nice to see New York City animated. (it was animated in "Short Bus" too, but that is a WHOLE NOTHER MOVIE as they say...) Back to Bee - a key animated flower shop is very close to where I live on the Upper West Side: if I were animated and living in an animated New York. The park looked beautiful and I could see how fun it would be to be a bee and fly over it. But the movie seemed oddly targeted and funnier on the page than on the screen. And I haven't heard any buzz either.

When I got home tonight I played Bobby McFerrin's version of "Don't Worry, Be Happy." It really says it all. I used to scoff at that song, but it really brings it home. So don't worry, ya'll. Be happy. I will too.

Lights out early tonight. I need rest, exercise, no sugar and some vegetables.

No comments: