Monday, October 8, 2007

Monday in Manhattan

6287 Steps

I woke up. I stretched my calves and heel. Made a cup of coffee and got ready for work.

Work today was uneventful. More of the same. Still learning all the programs and things to remember and things to do once a week, a month, and only if this other thing happens. That sort of thing. I did get invited to a black tie optional dinner at the Chelsea Piers on the 23rd of this month. I said yes.

Still hobbled by my foot injuries. My steps are way down as a result. I am hoping these stretches do some good as it is miserable. I do feel it is getting a bit better. I am just so ready to walk to work every day and walk all over the place. But the blisters and heel problem seem chronic at this point.

Went to a screening of "Control" about Ian Curtis of Joy Division. It won prizes at Cannes and Edinburgh, but was a bit lost on me. Brooding artists are not my thing unless, of course, it is me!

So warm out still. I sat out on the terrace and had dinner and am typing this blog. I thought i would try and do a few self-portraits to convey. It is lovely out here. I had kd lang on amidst the pleasant din of people cheering on the Yankees from neighboring apartments. It is quiet now and I feel like the only one in the world as I type from my patio amidst 8 million + people.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are the spookiest self-portraits I have ever seen. Does this mean your blog is ghost written?