Friday, December 12, 2008

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party - Brooklyn



My pal Sarah who I think is just one of the wittiest people I know. Quick and sassy. I really like her. She can even complete a sentence unlike the mess I have just made of this intro. She threw a Bad Christmas Sweater party tonight at her home in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It has tacky sweaters, good food and a chocolate fountain.

Lana and I spent a lot of the day looking for blinkin' ugly sweaters. They are harder to find that you would think. We finally hit gold at KMART on 34th Street. I had to get mine in the women's section. And the smallest size was 2x! We were set to party.

But first we went to see the wonderful lights of Rockefeller Center and Saks Fifth Avenue. The snowflakes on the side of the Saks building are timed to booming Christmas carol music and though is sounds annoying and lame, it is really wonderful.


We ventured off the island to Brooklyn and got to Sarah and David's house. There were plenty of bad sweaters and Christmas cheer. I saw a lot of people I knew and met loads of new people. We both just had a great time. In fact we got home at 2am. Pretty rockin' for this old man.




2 comments:

Alexandra Boyd said...

I have a cold today and am sitting on my sofa in PJ's with a blanket and the cat on my lap reading your blog and looking at the bad christmas sweater party. It really brightened my day!!! I actually feel a little better now. Thank you to Sara for throwing the party and to you for sharing. I hope you won the prize. Yours was the best (worst?) sweater!!!
Alexandra

Criticlasm said...

That's such an awesome idea for a party--amazing. Glad you had a good time!